Jul 27 2017
West Midlands Police has taken the first step towards a new
interactive website that's set to revolutionise the way members of
the public contact the force - and give people the chance to report
some crimes online.
Jul 27 2017
The Police and Crime Commissioner was immediately informed of a
shooting in the Frankley area of Birmingham last night.
Jul 25 2017
Here in the West Midlands we have watched as our policing budget
has been slashed by central government to the tune of £145 million
over the last 7 years. It means we've lost nearly 2000 officers.
Many, including me, say enough is enough.
Jul 20 2017
The West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner is rolling out a
new 30 week programme for domestic violence perpetrators designed
to change their behaviour and reduce the number of victims.
More News Stories
The Police and Crime
Commissioner must ensure an efficient and effective police
force in our area.
They set the priorities for the Force, decide the budget, and
hold the Chief Constable to account.
In order to fulfil these roles, the PCC has a range of powers
and responsibilities, including:
- The production of a Police and Crime Plan
- Setting the policing precept
- The appointment and, if necessary, the dismissal the Chief
- Can make Crime and Disorder Reduction Grants
- Oversight in how complaints against the police are managed
- Duties relating to national criminal threats, safeguarding of
children, and consulting the public
- Roles in ensuring the effectiveness of the wider criminal