Voluntary Sector Development Day
Venue: BVSC, The Centre for Voluntary Action, 138 Digbeth, Birmingham, B5 6DR
Date: Either 13th or 17th September 2018
Time: 10am – 4pm
The West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner David Jamieson is inviting organisations that are delivering support services to victims of crime, to attend a Voluntary Sector Development Day.
The day reflects the commissioner’s commitment to support locally based community groups to build their capacity by strengthening confidence, skills, knowledge, and resources which will in turn encourage the development of your organisations infrastructure.
The day will be delivered by IMKAAN and National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO). By attending the day you will have;
- Increased skills to plan and delivery ‘by and for’ services
- Greater confidence in assessing the outcomes and impact of your services
- Increased familiarity with other organisation’s work in the West Midlands
- Increased confidence to apply for the WMOPCC funding
This opportunity is restricted to local groups who are delivering support services in one or more of the following priority areas;
- Domestic abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Hate crime
- Female genital mutilation (FGM)
- Forced marriage and honour based violence
- Modern slavery
- Support services for children and young people
- Fatal road traffic collisions
- Child sexual exploitation
In order to avoid disappointment please book a place on either the 13th or the 17th September by calling 0121 626 5534 or emailing Jo Barber on [email protected]. Please limit your booking to 1 representative per organisation.
Back to News Archive