Accessibility statement for West Midlands PCC
This accessibility statement applies to https://www.westmidlands-pcc.gov.uk/.
This website is run by West Midlands PCC. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- An audit has been performed, to make PDF’s uploaded post September 2018 accessible, the result being that it would fall under disproportionate burden due to the expenditure. However, if you do require an accessible version of a pdf – please contact us using our online contact form.
- some of our videos don’t include captions or text transcriptions
- some elements of the commissioning dashboard aren’t easily navigable via a keyboard
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us using our online contact form.
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Please let us know how we can support your visit if you are D/deaf, hearing impaired, have a speech impediment, or have any other accessibility requirements.
Find out how to contact us on our Contact Us page
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
West Midlands PCC is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some PDFs contain information in images which are not visible as text for screen readers and have other accessibility issues. We have performed an accessibility audit to determine the cost of fixing all pdfs held on the website, added post 23 September 2018. The result is that it would fall under disproportionate burden due to the expenditure. However, if you do require an accessible version of a pdf – please contact us using our online contact form.
- We acknowledge some of the PDFs on the site are missing page titles as required in WCAG 2.4.2 Page Titled
- We acknowledge some of the PDFs on the site contain images with no alt text as required in WCAG 1.1.1 Non-text content
- Where possible, we will endeavour to make pdfs as plain HTML web pages.
- If a PDF document is in an accessible format and we have the original, we will send, upon request, a plain text version to you – please see reporting accessibility issues with this website (above) for contact details.
- When adding new PDFs, we will endeavour to make them accessible, however, some – i.e. finance PDFs are very complicated with graphics, charts and graphs, unfortunately, these may not be accessible – however, a plain text version will be available on request – please see contact details above.
- We acknowledge some videos on the website do not have captions as required in WCAG 1.2.2 Captions (Prerecorded)
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- There is some third-party content “Commissioning Dashboard” available at https://www.westmidlands-pcc.gov.uk/commissioning-dashboard/ that has some functionality that is not available via the keyboard.
- The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 18/08/20. It was last reviewed on 10/05/23.
This website was last tested on 04/1/23. The test was carried out by Formation Media.
We tested the site through a combination of manual tests and using Axe Deque.
We selected at least a single page from each template to test and additionally tested the pages in the main navigation.