The PCC is supported by a team of 44 people who all work in the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner. The office is led by the Chief Executive who oversees management of the Policy and Communications teams, the Finance department and Business Support functions. A Violence Reduction Unit was established in 2019.
Diversity within the office is of paramount importance. As of July 2020 29 staff (62%) were female and 10 staff (23%) were from an ethnic minority. 1 member of staff has a self-declared disability.
Organisational chart 2019
The Chief Constable assists the West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner by making resources available to the Commissioner.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Estates, including the accommodation for the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner West Midlands
- Information, Communication and Technology Services
- Legal Services
- Human Resources
- Treasury management, finance and exchequer services
- Procurement and purchasing
- Corporate Communications
- Organisation and Service Development, including planning functions
- Corporate Services, including Design and Print Services
- Learning and Development
The Leadership Team
The local authorities do not provide administrative, professional or technical services to the West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner.